Thursday 21 March 2013

Savoury pesto corn muffins

I am obsessed with basil this week !!
after making my "special " basil mix, I wanted some basil corn bread muffins
they are the easier savoury muffins to make



above are the ingredients, I did not have fresh basil so I used half a jar of ready made pesto
if i had my fresh mix, i would have used it, but...
Polenta, self raising flour, bicarb,milk, egg,bacon ,pesto and grated cheese

what I like about making cornbread or muffins, you CAN NOT go wrong
adjust your mix to your taste
here i used about 1/3 or less of self raising flour and filled with polenta to make 300ml

in a dish, mix the two basic, add a teaspoon of bi-carb, a pinch of salt , the egg and half the jar of pesto 

mix the lot and add the milk slower until you get the consistency of thick batter
I like adding a chopped up chili (but I am a chili freak!..)

when you are happy with the consistency, i added the chopped up bacon...
 
 

...then i added the grated tasty cheese about 100 to 200grams- up to you
 

scoop out 2 spoonfuls of the mix  into muffin tray or cupcake paper cups
cook in a preheated oven at 220degres for around 13 to 17mn
 

I was so eager to put them on the table that i forgot to take a photo when they came out of the oven, sorry !....

These 4 savoury muffins are the only one left after lunch.....I really love them..they are so easy to make, i am not one to measure for cooking, that is why I cannot make cake, but these cornbread are so "flexible; sometimes I make them with tapenade instead of pesto and most time with chili, but my friends to day were not chili freaks like me so ...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment