Monday 25 March 2013

My big birthday at byron farm

My birthday is today!..but..I only celebrate birthdays which end with 0 or 5
4 years ago I celebrated a big ZERO one
at our Byron farm with a theme....



......WOODSTOCK !....everyone had to come dressed up in 70th fashion, and had to either come in a campervan or at least bring a tent....
the people I first befriended when I immigrated in 1973 to Australia came from Sydney, from the Gold Coast, the South Coast and the
friends we had in london before we left there also came , from UK, from Denmark, from other parts of Australia...

The party was held in the "grange" (farm shed)...

All my husband (ex) carriages were dragged outside and cleaned and lined up...
 

The horses were kept in the "paddock"...big draft horses
 
 
We partied late into the evening all dancing to a live band playing all our favorite rock and rolls,
the singer was so good looking and sexy, tilting his hips like a real Rock star, flipping his long shining hair from side to side.......I really felt like the queen of the party , when he joined me on the table I was dancing on, ( as you do on your 60th!...) put one arm around me and sang a "happy birthday" rendition.... 
 



here I am in my blue dress desperatly trying to look like a hippie !...

The next morning was fun, everybody coming out of their campervans or tents, some even slept inside the grange, and, as we sat eating a big barbecue breakfast we reminiced on the night and on some of the other "big" parties we all took part over the years
I love big parties and big celebrations...with old friends...and make a point of enjoying them "big time"..that is why I only celebrate the 0 and the 5' zero marks the beginning of another "dizaine" and the 5 is half way

we finished of on the beach in the afternoon

Tiga and Jolicoeur my dogs now in heaven
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment