Sunday 17 March 2013

French "tables de nuit"

What is your preference for bedside tables ?
matching set??
or individual unrelated tables??



I am not found of matching set, i find the idea boring and lacking of inspiration
I prefer individuality in all furniture, it gives me more time to hunt, and search for the right piece i like and then find the right spot for it in the home.
I believe passion & artistry are attached to this individuality and is reflected in the home which contains it




The two little bedside tables (pottie holders) are one of my favourites , although they are not a matching pair, they represents the same style, the same era, i quite enjoy seeing them together next to the same bed, painted in the same tone, a shade or two lighter or darker, "peu importe"
they remind me of my childhood when my parents had the full bedroom suite of the same style: the bed, bedside table (only one) the wardrobe.
the bedside table remains in the family, the wardrobe is long gone and i don't miss it, but i wish i could still lay my hand on the bed and patine it (more on that later on another blog)
 
 
 

Inside the pottie space
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment