Friday 22 February 2013

French chandeliers



Mad about French chandeliers...


 
Vicky from "french essence" mentioned she bought a chandelier for her little village house she is decorating and wanted some comments
4 years ago I still hated chandeliers, from my french childhood
I held in my mind ,the vision of dirty glitter less chandeliers with globes missing and in dark rooms inhabited by old people, with an added smell of rancid .....awful!...
After living in France again for the past 2 years, I evolved in a different direction, now I don't just like chandeliers, I have fallen in love with chandeliers, nice, clean, full of sparkly crystal, the more the better, hanging high or low...but all bulbs MUST work, fit a dimmer on the switch if you want but every bulb must shine !....

 


I also love the plainer chandeliers in bronze and a bit of  crystals



 

this mordern wrought iron chandelier actually fit gracefully in a french bedroom amoungs antique pieces

 

the one below is also one of my favourites, the painted distressed metal ones, actually they are more difficult to find than the top crystal laden ones





 


A couple of months ago I was at Port Grimaud market, a lovely fresh sunny day, this stall holder attracted my attention he had load of chandeliers hanging from the tree, how great would they look outdoor for a summer garden party ? 
 
Vicky, my statement piece would a huge over the top chandelier hanging low above the dining table 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment