Monday 25 February 2013

blue sky & rough sea

Blue sky , rough sea after a mini hurricane...
New Brighton beach, 20klms north of Byron Bay
I am visiting the last Australian village I live in before I embarked for my extended french experience 2 years ago



 

The wild seas accompanied by high winds have eroded the sand dunes dramatically, we lost about 10 metres of dunes
2 heavy storms 3 weeks apart..
the coast is so fragile, we need to take responsibility for our actions on earth


I used to walk my dogs Jolicoeur & Tiga every mornings on this beach and have a swim, all year round...
I am sad to see that we have no beach at high tide, it will take months and years without anymore storm to correct this natural damage ....

 
even in its wilderness the sea still look beautiful,
but demands respect !...
you have my respect my beloved sea!...


 
down memory lane...below is my first little beach house in the area, just across the road from the sand dunes
tropical garden

 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment