Sunday 13 January 2013

Made of glass


Jars, jars and more jars...




On Sunday I went to Carpentras brocante and although I should not be buying anything at all ( I am in the process of packing up the house and storing everything!...)I could not resist a bundle of vintage green preserve jars and another bundle of old jam jars


So cleaning was a priority as they were full of caked dust, admiring them for a while, then decided to fill them with all my bags of oat, millet and other cereals flakes....and straight into a carton
Prior to spotting these jars, a dealer had 3 beautiful other green preserved bottles with a porcelain lid, his price was quite high, i though but i was getting tempted....until my friend found from another dealer one same bottle  a size smaller for 10% of the price.......either he was far too expensive or she really got a bargain ????? i stood in the middle????
Further down the alley, this lovely man had a box of the green jars I bought as well as another box of the jam jars, he had a lovely smile, we chatted and I happily bought the lots with no regrets about the other two.....


My girlfriend has been collecting these crystal type of wares for years, I never really took any notice of them until last winter when we went "brocanting " together, now I call them "Carol glass"
So this little lamp above caught my eyes and i think it is delightfully with its pleated beaded shade


I fill  the old jam jars with whatever i come across, shells, cutlery's, buttons, "marrons d'Inde" (conkers??) and mix them as a display with other glass wares like decanters, other type of jars,add a bunch of flowers.....they have a history and they have many uses

Above,on the left hand side covering a piece of coral is an old sugar mould i bought some months ago in Arles.When they  sold the sugar in bulk they used to suse these type of glass mould to shape the display
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment