Sunday 16 December 2012

Where will home be next ???

Saint Remy de Provence to where now ????
They sold the house after I made it nicer...simple but cosy!!.



I arrived in Provence 2nd May 2011 with my suitcase for 3 months visit in France.....I went front place to place tagging along my suitcase, added a pushbike, added some vintage linen and other collectibles shipped that lot to Australia in trunks, went for a visit to OZ, came back after 9 weeks decided to rent a house in Saint Remy and was delighted to find the above little cottage furnished with very poor taste...
 
....all red and white plastic !...so after a rush into some local depots vente , vide greniers and brocante, I set up to make myself "un petit nid chaleureux"..



 




This is what the living became, I did not remove anything from the house except the red plastic chairs, just disguised the red and or plastic with some lovely linen, re-arrange the lay out and added my French touch....The French Linen Armoire got raided !!! 
 
 
 
 










note the Brittany hand towel, had to have a bit of my Brittany here as well!!..
 
 
 
In the process I started a collection of Provencal yellowy earthenware dishes, terrines, salt pots, Sarregemines fish plates as well as brass candle holders and wall sconces
this large mirror was plain old boring brown, so i patined it...
 
The main bedroom below had a comfortable bed, it needed new linen, so Ikea provided me with a cheap doona cover featuring a blue French Toile de Jouy, but I have to sleep with vintage embroidered linen sheet....
the long red plastic stool in the living room became the linen covered bench at the end of my bed
 

But the bedroom looked pretty miserable as it was presented to me
so my french touch was added.
  
The second bedroom was so dreadful i had to get rid of these red blanket the minute the house keys were in my hands , 2 folding beds !!!..one ended up in the loft the other one under the bed in the main bedroom .

I had a guess coming a week after i moved in, so managed to buy this old wooden bed at a vide grenier, a young couple had moved their grand ma into retirement home and were selling the content of her house..they delivered it for me and again i patined it...( 11 hours of hard enjoyable work..)
one day I will do a post on French/Provencal "patine"....keep posted..
 
 
And with Christmas on its way, my daughter is flying to me from Sydney , the tree is ready ,we will enjoy the time together in my little nest which i will have to leave in February
Does anyone know of another little house i could add my French touch to, a little house I could call home for one year, somewhere near Saint Remy or on the coast...if you do please contact me by email
 
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. What a great transformation! Good luck with finding somewhere else to work your magic on X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. packing up now,dont know where i am going yet, may be a quick visit to OZ in between

      Delete
  2. What a great redo, I love it, you make it look so easy. I think you have a natural talent for making a place feel like home....LuvL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I think it is a "flair" i was gifted from young age, but i simply love "decorating" and playing with style

      Delete
  3. Actually I need to say that I found you via Cynthia. It sounds a lovely life you are having spending time wherever you fancy, certainly an inspiration to me.....LuvL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not always wherever i fancy, i would have liked to stay longer in this little house, but "next" will come soon i hope..

      Delete
  4. Hi Francoise, I have just come across your blog via French Essence,and have really enjoyed reading through your posts. I especially liked you little home transformation and look forward to seeing what you do with your next abode :) cheers Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gigi, I did enjoy that episode, might be lucky and soon lay my hands on a house which needs improving, keep posted

      Delete