Sunday 9 December 2012

French asparagus plates

 
Chaque assiette a sa specialite....
 
Lucky me, see what i found at Grimaud brocante today... a full set of  French Majolica asparagus plates by Saline as well as the platter or should i call it a boat ?
I am going to admire them for a while and then i will offer them for sale on my blog..
I discovered only recently while in Provence about the asparagus plates,they come all white often, as well as with a dual purpose of asparagus and artichoke, but my favourite are the coloured ones,
 
 
Look how beautifully they are shaped, each individually..
 the colour varies with each plate making each of every one of those plates unique !..
 
 
 
                                     







 





I held this magnificent asparagus boat in Isle sur la Sorgues antique fair in august, that is actually where i found quite a collection of them, but both none as if i bought ONE then, I would have had to come home with a COLLECTION of them.... 



below, this gorgeous pastel colour plate is for dual purpose: asparagus & artichoke 
 
I used to only like plain things, plain mirrors, plain all white plates, all matching.....now I think "how boring is that ??" when out there foraging thru the vide greniers and brocante there is such an array of unusual beautiful items, they don't have to match always, they all tell a different story...of a different time..of a different place...

The one below was to die for....if only i was an asparagus..can you imagine serving your asparagus on such a beauty...
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment