Wednesday 28 November 2012

Provence betrayal and food

Provence has betrayed me today..

I am living in Provence now because Provence CLAIMs to offer on average 300 sunny days per year...to my calculation that is 65 days not sunny....

Since my return beginning of September, Provence has delivered most of those 65 days within 3months, and to top it all today is a total disaster day in my book !...raining and windy and NO sun in between showers....

Since I woke up I went "on strike"as a protest to the CLAIM.. I stayed in bed until noon, refused to make my bed (a real event !..) and to get dressed....


 

All I could think of was FOOD !..

So here is some of the food I cooked to day
Moroccan dried figs, in red wine and honey

first mix wine /honey/cinamon or nutmeg/figs in a saucepan, just bring the wine to the boil and switch off .
 let it all sit for an hour or so to allow the figs to absorb the liquid
then, on low setting cooked all ingredients together until you get a syrupy texture
 
 
 
you can also used the tiny dried iranian or lebanese figs - if you dont have honey you can used brown sugar and sweeten the wine to your taste
 
 
when you are ready for dessert, on an individual platePosted by Picasadisplay 5 or so figs and drizzle fresh yoghourt or cream or ice cream and enjoy it
Bon appetit....

No comments:

Post a Comment