Tuesday 6 March 2012

Where is home?



Some of the bloggers were talking about home to-day - where is home for me???

when i am in Australia i talk about "home" being France, being Bretagne, the water side , the rock smelling of seaweeds, the seafood, my French family, my old family homes, summers....


When in France i sometimes talk about "home" in Australia

This riverside cottage with a tropical garden near Byron Bay (the further eastern point on the australian coast) was my last home until one year ago..
I still dream of my skinny dipping in the river, my long walks on the beach with my dogs.... only 200metres away...
the warm surf, the sun...


My collection of frangipanis, all diffent colours, my garden pride...most of the trees i grew from cuttings....

At present i live in the most gorgeous little provencal "mas" set on my friends property on the outskirt of St Remy de Provence.This is my new "home" for the time being.

I love this countryside, the multitude of villages full of history, the lavender fields, the vineyards , the olive groves....AND ....the wonderful singing provencal accent 
 
At my every visit to France direct from Australia, my french is so mixed up with english and my combined autralian french accent, that people ask me "where are you from  ?" or start speaking to me in broken english and i dare not embarass myself or the speaker to tell them that "I am French, but my french  is a bit rusty for now
".....after 2 weeks it all changes and i start incorporating without knowing the "local accent"  of wherever I am...
So where is home?

Australia where "my flowers blossom in the sun"
Namaste.......

                                                 

Wherever I can make my nest, reposition the furniture to please my eyes, add a cushion or two, light loads of candles, fill up the pantry like a bunker in anticipation of food ration ( i grew up just after the last war)  fill up the fridge with my favorite of everything, international food with a touch of French, preferably be by the seaside or the countryside with the ability to escape to the sea every so often....
                                                                                

 
Home wherever my friends are near, close to my family and friends on skype.... Home is in my heart and it follows me around
  
Benodet my birthplace, the village who nurture and witness all my youth , my home where my "roots are kept moist with the rain"

 Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment